26 March 2017

Into the woods: how one man survived alone in the wilderness for 27 years | Michael Finkel | News | The Guardian

https://www.theguardian.com/news/2017/mar/15/stranger-in-the-woods-christopher-knight-hermit-maine?CMP=oth_b-aplnews_d-1

So, this guy lived something I'd thought about. I'm sure if I'd grown up with most of the things I'd not now, and probably more gumption than my family would've allowed, I just might have struck out on my own.

I wonder if he'd truly not missed anyone. What was truly the final straw that made him just quit his job and just go? The article seemed mum on his family relations, since he had no friends.

What kind of life has he had up to that point that made him prepared to do this? They say he said he was completely aimless and spontaneous. I can accept there are some people like that, but I want to crack open his head for the full story!

I want to know how he made what he'd stolen from one cabin last two weeks. I want to know how he'd groomed himself so he didn't look like a vagrant. I want to know all what he had in his camp. Did he feel truly secure that no one would come looking for him where he'd settled down?

There are so many questions! 😅

No comments: