20 March 2017

Chevelle

Ever since I was a teenager really discovering music for the first time (since most of it was either something I'd heard my piano teacher play at her house, Christian music my mother played, or oldies records my dad would put on), I'd had the sense that I was more of a songs fan than an artist fan.

Most people seem to be able to rattle off the artists they like and the heaps of songs those artists have done that they like. There are a few artists like Disturbed, Metallica, and Darlene Zschech who've done a handful of songs I like, but nothing comes to Chevelle. I'd discovered them and put them to my "one song per album test" (since it was that usually I'd only like one song off an entire album).

I liked every song!

They haven't failed yet. I own every studio, non-live album, plus a track off the live album they'd done with Disturbed, Slipknot, and a few other groups.
Now, yes, each album has songs I tend to favor more than others, but I like every one.

My most favorite Chevelle songs, though:

La Gárgola: Take Out the Gunman
The North Corridor: Shot From A Cannon
Wonder What's Next: An Evening With El Diablo
Vena Sera: I Get It
Sci-Fi Crimes: This Circus
Point #1: SMA

I'm glad I'd discovered them and that they're so great.

No comments: