24 June 2017

Why I Chose… Cats

I like cats. Cats are a little indifferent, not really needy, really independent.

Most people can't say the same about most dogs. In my history, if I was walking home from school, a dog would howl and pound at a fence. Twice when I was in Jamaica, a dog ran to chase me and I broke lunchboxes when I fell. My grandmother didn't take my breaking then so well, even if dogs were chasing me.

I still have the scars from where I scratched my knees, too.

You don't hear about cats chasing people down. You don't really hear about cats being stupid.

And it doesn't look absolutely disgusting when you see a cat next to someone's face. The cat isn't licking all up and down someone's face.

So, I suppose it's more about why I don't choose dogs to why I do choose cats. But cats rule.

No comments: