15 August 2013

Wedding Hands - John King

So, John King and Dana Bash have separated.

Like many of the songs that I happen on for the first time, it's a year old when I find out, but I suppose in this case CNN has done their best to keep it quiet.

I remember back in 2008 when they were talking about it. John King got his now-defunct (and I'd predicted it would be; I mean, I really couldn't take a show called John King, USA seriously at all) show, and two CNN political "power-hitting" correspondents getting hitched? That was "newsworthy" indeed.

I was even telling my mother, saying literally, "He became a Jew for her." It seemed like it would last.

So, here I am watching Erin Burnett OutFront (that, despite my hesitation with that show's name, I didn't predict similar doom as John King, USA) and they have John King up.

Being me, I look at his wedding hand, as I do for just about every male I encounter (a very weird quirk, I know!). And I don't see a ring. So I start questioning. And researching.

And behold, the Internets say anything from separated to divorced. And it surprised me.

Then I start thinking about Dana Bash and John King separately, and think about what they must be like together.

Then I'm less surprised.

The things I think about when I look at a man's wedding hand.

No comments: