10 October 2008

Why I Love My Phone in 1500 Characters

I've submitted this to a "Your Story" column, just because I felt like this... Seriously, do you guys use your phone much? I want to hear from you! What do you do with your phone? Is it just something you talk on, or is it your all-in-all?

My phone has become almost irrefutably my life, partly because of the portability, usability and because of the myriad of applications I've used to expand the usability. I go on the Internet roughly 5-8 times a day exclusively on my phone, upload content all the time to my blogs, read my news from it, access all four of my e-mail accounts... Seriously, about 99% of my Twitter updates and responses alone come from my phone.
What I like most about my phone, though, is that it's helped me enormously with my quest to become ever greener by nearly eliminating my casual paper usage.I was going to an afternoon meeting with my boss, his assistant and the corporate auditor, and when everyone was bringing a pad and paper to take notes, here I was with Julianus (what I call my phone affectionately). While everyone was writing notes the "old-fashioned way," this self-proclaimed 21st Century boy was typing away, adding to a task I'd set up and making notes for later. It may take longer, but I've taken pride in the fact that I've decreased paper usage by one more person.
I was in another meeting that required a lot of reference material. While everyone else, it seems, was plodding away trying to find a specific text, I'd already scanned the texts to my Documents application earlier and had all the answers and references right there. I could answer questions a lot more efficiently than the others because the information was right there, and without all the weight!
I *love* my phone.

No comments: