26 October 2017

Esoteric References

I'm that guy who makes references only a handful of people would get, and it's an interesting feeling.

When I get up, I listen to news podcasts, as I do when I'm alone at lunch, and when I'm doing something at work that doesn't require as much concentration. Even so, sometimes I blank. I'm even having some memory problems where I'm not as sharp at remembering what I've experienced and said than I've not.

But I know about Koeppen climates, North Dakota weather, and the population of Wyoming.

I could tell you about the seal they had to take off an airport runway in Utqiagvik sooner than I could that there, apparently a couple years ago, was a smash-though of a Chinese restaurant around the corner from my apartment and an armed altercation at the Kroger next door to it within the same month.

I know some world leaders' names a little more easily than I do my own constituency representatives.

But it's all okay. It's lonely, and I only slightly care, but it's okay.

No comments: