26 September 2017

Lifelogging, aka Them Making Money Off You?

It's not until I'd moved to Georgia that I'd really, really started hearing an almost hate for anything that would use your labor, however, inane, small, or otherwise not-so-energy-taxing/zapping, to make money.

I'm a lifelogger, which essentially means I'm able to go into an app and actually look back at where I've been for about 8 years now because I'd recorded my whereabouts. Looking back is nostalgic, and looking at the map of plotpoints is pretty cool, honestly. Still, it's free, and the companies (because there are multiple) are probably using this data to sell to companies who can use it to their devices.

And I don't mind that, really. Sometimes one hears of how many people go somewhere, or at what time, or during certain circumstances. It's pretty neat to hear, actually. These lifelogging tools partly make that possible. I'm also kind of helping artificial intelligence on its way in just a little way.

Because it's not like my life is oodles of fascination anyway...

No comments: