24 February 2017

Apple says it fixed the unexpected iPhone 6/6s shutdown issue for some users - BGR



Some iPhones out there keep shutting down unexpectedly, even when there’s enough battery left. Apple has made few official comments on the matter since the problems started plaguing various devices including the iPhone 6s and iPhone 6. The company kicked off a limited battery replacement program for the iPhone 6s, without including older devices in it. 

Oh, my gosh! Finally! Well, it hasn't been quite as much the bother lately since, it seems, the OS update had remedied some of the strife, but it had been a bother.

For a while, my phone would get to 30% power and then suddenly shut down. Sometimes I would tap repeatedly at the screen, or rub it back and forth against my clothes for a couple minutes and then it would come back on, but this seemed such a "ghetto" way of trying to get my phone back.

Then I'd seen another BGR report that actually shed light on the situation, and that had inflamed me. "You mean, it wasn't just cold weather?!"

At the very least, if they're ready to replace my battery and it's going to be new, this should be a plus for me until things roll around again for me to get another phone! That could be their ploy, too. It's not like the phones will be of much good two years from now, maybe, aside from browsing some things and using some legacy apps that might be completely outmoded by the next few iOS iterations.

No comments: