12 December 2013

Sailor Moon Nomenclature

I'm one of those people who always has to have a proper name for everything, and if there's a distinguisher I'm always searching for ways to bring that out in speech. Ever since Sailor Moon was in my consciousness and something that I could spout facts about I had come up with a scheme to refer to her various transformations into Sailor Moon based on the brooch/item she uses. I grant it, though, they'd started calling her differently by the time Sailor Moon Super came around to the chalice use time.

Still...

 
 
She starts with this one. And with this I call her Prism Sailor Moon.
 

She moves on to this, and so I call her Crystal Sailor Moon.





When being Crystal Sailor Moon wasn't enough, she became Cosmic Sailor Moon.


Then with the Holy Chalice, they'd started calling her Super Sailor Moon. This is where the spice starts.


She loses the chalice, and by SuperS, she gains a new brooch and they still call her Super Sailor Moon, but because it's a different form of transformation - and me being anal-retentive - I have to distinguish the Super Sailor Moons. So, the Holy Chalice one is Crisis Super Sailor Moon (or even Messiah Super Sailor Moon), while the transformation with the crisis compact yields Moon Crisis Super Sailor Moon (or even more concisely Golden Super Sailor Moon [since it was Pegasus's Golden Crystal that transformed the cosmic compact into the crisis compact anyway]).


Finally, she becomes Eternal Sailor Moon, something Naoko-san had already come up with.

Not surprisingly, I'd used the words she recites to transform as guides to what I call the Sailor Moon form, and it works well enough. I don't know if anyone else actually does it, but I've always liked this system, and now looking at the renderings the DeviantArtist SayurixSama had done, I'm really now seeing some of the details on the brooches I'd never noticed before, especially the eternal brooch.

Well, enough of that. To bed, because I actually have an interview in the morning...


No comments: